Whether you are active or not, stay updated with regular emails from Gmail. You can activate Gmail notifications to get timely alerts on your phone or your computer when you receive a new email in your Inbox. Let’s get started and see how it works.
Irrespective of the web browser you are using, you will get email notifications on Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari whenever you’re signed in to Gmail or have it open in your browser.
No notifications will pop up on your screen if you have turned off all notifications for your browser.
- Quickly open Gmail on your computer.
- Click Settings Settings present in the top right corner
- Scroll to the “Desktop Notifications” section below.
- You can now select various options: New mail notifications on, Important mail notifications on, or Mail notifications off.
- At the end of the page find an option to save, click Save Changes.
If you are in a habit of focusing mails present in inbox categories and have turned on notifications for any new mail in that folder, then you’ll only get notifications about messages in your Primary category. Else if you have turned on notifications for important mail particularly, you’ll get notifications for everything marked as important. Further, if you find any trouble while changing notifications for Gmail on Android or iPhone then you may take assistance at Gmail customer service easily.