Tags: gmail technical support number
Gmail notifications are the perfect way to get an alert for a new incoming message or chat message even when you are active on your mobile phone but may not be live on Gmail app. If you have activated this setting, new Gmail alerts directly come to the notification list of your phone. Later you can simply read that notification or swap it out.
Turn notifications on or off
If you have multiple accounts and you are logged into every account on your Gmail app, you need to change this setting for each account individually.
By default, notifications for your Gmail messages under Primary Label are automatically turned on.
Turn on notifications & choose your settings
- Open Gmail app on your Android phone or tablet. If not available on your phone, download it from Google Play Store.
- Tap Menu option present in the top left corner of the app.
- Now Tap Settings option.
- Select your account for which you want to activate the notifications.
- Simply check the box next to “Notifications” to turn on notifications,
- Just tap Inbox sound & vibrate option to choose notification setting including sounds. If are using Android O and above versions tap Manage notifications
Android device users also have notification settings apart from those Gmail app alert notifications.
Change notification settings for certain labels
- Quickly open Gmail app on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Tap Menu option on the top left side of the app.
- Select Settings and choose your account.
- Tap Manage Labels and choose one of the labels like
- Furthermore, tap Sync messages Last 30 days or All, if you don’t sync messages, then you won’t be able to turn on notifications for that label.
- Activate notifications for that label. You may repeat the same process for other labels you want to get notifications for.
Turn off notifications
Repeat the same process as for activating the notifications. You just need to uncheck the box next to “Notifications” and you won’t get any future alerts for your Gmail messages. If you still are unable in reaching to the correct Gmail setting then ask for help at Gmail technical support number
I’m not getting any notifications
If you are still not finding Gmail notifications, then follow some basic steps again. This situation may exist if your Gmail account isn’t synced for days. Ensure that the box next to “Sync Gmail” is checked.